We know we need to practice mindfulness, but time is also so limited! Research shows that practicing mindfulness on a consistent basis will improve our mental health and overall well-being. Let's make it work for us :)
It is important to practice mindfulness, but it is also one of the first things that we stop doing when time is limited. Here are some mindfulness activities that you can do in just 5 minutes:
1. Deep breathing 🌬 Focus on your breath and take slow, deep breaths. Pay attention to the sensation of the air as it enters and leaves your body.
2. Body scan:🧘🏽♀️Lie down or sit comfortably and focus your attention on different parts of your body, starting from your toes and working your way up to the top of your head. Pay attention to any sensations or feelings in each part of your body.
3. Sensory awareness👂🏼 Choose one sense, such as hearing or touch, and focus your attention on it. Pay attention to the sensations that you experience through that sense.
4. Guided imagery:🏝Close your eyes and imagine a peaceful scene, such as a beach or a forest. Imagine the sights, sounds, and feelings of the scene, and let your mind and body relax.
5. Gratitude journaling:📝Take a few minutes to write down a list of things that you are grateful for. Reflect on these things and allow feelings of gratitude and positivity to fill you.
Remember, the goal of mindfulness is to be present and focused in the moment, so it's important to approach these activities with the goal in mind.
Featured video guide
Watch the full video guide in the Tracto app
Our video guides are created by experts in the field of neurodiversity and include parent-led strategies that improve communication skills, coping skills, independence, challenging behaviors, and many more.
How to use Tracto
How can Tracto help me with this?
It is so good (and necessary) for us to practice mindfulness, but if we're not used to doing it, it could be tricky to find time for these activities. 5-Minute mindfulness exercises can suit anyone, but we need to get into the habit of doing them. Use Tracto to schedule a time that works for you and you will receive a reminder when it's time for your mindful moments.
Get the FREE Tracto app to access our expert-designed tools such as tracking, journaling, routine reminders, and more video guides.